Sunday 9 June 2013

How to get out of an art block? Part 4


Hi!
Sorry for being  SO inactive on this blog. Its become very overshadowed by my other blogs....
However, now I have something in mind that can get you out of an artblock I've FINALLY come back to writing something on here! Hooray!



Anyway, something I have only just realised actually and  I have now found  it really helps me gain inspiration ;is immersing yourself in a lot of creative things. Whether this means online, an event or even at school/ classes. I don't mean creating things 'cause at this stage, if you are stuck on what you want to actually create then how are you going to immerse yourself in it?!?
But what I still advise is take any opportunity to go to a creative place or event or gathering with other creative people!...Why?

Well this is not a promotion of my other blog at all, (although looking at them may give you inspiration too? hahaha Im joking!) but recently I went to Graduate Fashion Week. At that time I was also not feeling very creative due to just finishing University for the summer. (Yay for me!) But with that..... when it came to making things..... I was feeling a little lost. :(

At the event I got to view ALOT of different talented graduate designer portfolios, garments, textiles, prints, it was truly inspiring to say the least! There were a lot of different drawing style, garment designs, shapes, exhibitions, and even the simplest thing of fonts!

Now, whats my point for exampling all this? Well the next day after I had slept on it and my mind was absorbing the days activities and things I saw during the day. I ended up drawing out designs, imaging fabrics I could use for certain garments and different illustrations because of the day before! ...
Some of that can be seen in my deviantART now because of that, but I think you understand what I'm saying right?

So overall, try and get yourself into a creative environment...that could be going into a local art gallery, art cafe, designer fashion shop (even though you won't be buying anything if it too expensive there is nobody stopping you from looking!), sculpture park, or even a library and looking at picture books haha.....or you could just onto art websites? ^^;....although I find its just better if you can go out and get inspiration as it sometimes tends to be staying at home that gets you into an art block in the first place hahaha~

Anyway, hoorray for this long over due post, I hope it helps somebody!
Thank you for reading!
I cant say when I will be back next, nor will I say I will get anything posted on here any time soon. So sorry, however if you are interested in seeing any of my other stuff please visit my other blogs!

If this didn't work, please read the previous 'How to get out of an art block?' in the links below:
*How to get out of an art block? Part 1
*How to get out of an art block? Part 2
*How to get out of an art block? Part 3
->How to get out of an art block? Part 4



Please note, all of these rules apply to the contents of my entire blog, please read carefully!All of my drawings/paintings/ digital/ art pieces belong to me (MayonakaSun) and have been made by me alone unless otherwise stated in my posts.All text/writing/reviews are written by me (MayonakaSun) and written by myself (MayonakaSun) alone again unless otherwise stated in my posts.You Do Not have permission to copy, repost, reproduce, print, paste or sell ANY of my art work and/or text/ writing that I have posted though out my blog and/or on my deviantART page.The only places I will ever post any of my art work and text is DeviantART and my blog, so if my art work and/or text shows up anywhere else on the Internet or elsewhere you do not have the right to have put it there and I will not have give permission for it to be there, and I will insist you take it down immediately!Update:My artwork will now also be seen on my tumblr as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my tumblr as the rest.Update2:My artwork will now also be featured in my Youtube videos as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my Youtube account as the rest.
My/Me/ I /myself= MayonakaSun :- The owner of this blog and other sites mentioned above.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts here!