Sunday 24 July 2011

How to get out of an Art block? Part 2

Please excuse my bad drawing haha~


 So its already at part 2 on my 'How to get out of an Art Block?'. I'm hoping these methods will also come of a use to someone!



Right, so kind of continuing on with my previous post method, about getting out of an art block. This can be done with music or with out its really up to you on where or how your feeling about doing it. So what is this method of getting out of an artist block? Photos.
Ok so this is a pretty obvious one, but knowing from experience of being in an artist block you don't sometimes think of the most seemingly obvious things to get your art inspiration back.

 How does it work and what to do?
Well first way of doing this is listening to music again as I said is kind of a follow on from the last one. Where ever you are, whether your at home or browsing the high street or if it possible and you think you can get away with it at work or school. Take photos that you think will go well with the music you are playing, make it seem like the soundtrack of a movie or even your life. Take photos of anything that you may think fit that music if it were a music video. With this it will not only get you imaging and gaining inspiration from the music like said in the the previous post, but you will also have the visual stimulation that can just be 'point and clicked at' instead of drawing or making it. If you are also out about outside you will have the a different feeling again from if you were at home. Which will most probably get you back in the flow of thinking creatively if you are stuck in an artist block.

The without music version of this is practically the same, only with out having the music to influence your photos. Without music all you'd have to do is just take photos of anything and everything you see around you. Whether you see a poster on a wall or window you like, a shop sign with fancy font, a *persons clothing*, flowers, animals, anything and everything you see, just take a photo and once you get home or even whilst you are still out, browse the photos you've taken and you are bound to find one you particular like and have gain art inspiration from. Then from their its a matter of editing, make a painting, drawing or even an outfit from referencing it or even using it.
Here are some photos I took whilst i was in the park once, with my camera using this method once before.

All of them flowers, I know pretty simple huh? But that's how simple this method is, it really doesn't matter what subject you take a photo of, to gain art inspiration, inspiration will be there no matter what I think!
So, where I'm more of a fashion/clothing orientated designer these flowers got me thinking of how I could make these into clothing or dresses using the shape, the colours, what type of material I'd use to make them. This method I think is a very effective way or getting out of an art block as its easily done and can be done anywhere (as long as you won't get in trouble that is ^^;)



So yeah, that's just two more methods I can think of to getting out of art block. Again I hope these help you too!
Thank you for reading and please leave a comment in the comment section below, saying whether this method of getting out of an art block helped or suggest other ways you get yourselves out of artist block!


*(No! I'm not saying just take photos of random people without their permission or consent. I would say though if you going to take a photo at random without permission and are using it for personal reference only you can take photos of their faces. But if you are posting the photos online  keep their faces out of the photos, or keep their identity hidden by editing it or cropping the photo so their identity can remains unknown or hidden)*

If this didn't work, please read the previous 'How to get out of an art block?' in the links below:
*How to get out of an art block? Part 1
-> How to get out of an art block? Part 2
*How to get out of an art block? Part 3
*How to get out of an art block? Part 4



Please note, all of these rules apply to the contents of my entire blog, please read carefully!
All of my drawings/paintings/ digital/ art pieces belong to me (MayonakaSun) and have been made by me alone unless otherwise stated in my posts.
All text/writing/reviews are written by me (MayonakaSun) and written by myself (MayonakaSun) alone again unless otherwise stated in my posts.
You Do Not have permission to copy, repost, reproduce, print, paste or sell ANY of my art work and/or text/ writing that I have posted though out my blog and/or on my deviantART page.
The only places I will ever post any of my art work and text is DeviantART and my blog, so if my art work and/or text shows up anywhere else on the Internet or elsewhere you do not have the right to have put it there and I will not have give permission for it to be there, and I will insist you take it down immediately!
Update:My artwork will now also be seen on my tumblr as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my tumblr as the rest.
Update2:My artwork will now also be featured in my Youtube videos as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my Youtube account as the rest.
My/Me/ I /myself= MayonakaSun
You= yourself reading/person(s) reading/viewing.
Art work/Art pieces = Digital art, traditional art, tutorials, drawings, paintings and crafts all made by me.
Text/writing= Reviews, tutorial explanation(s), art work write up/explanation(s).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the help! i needed it that.

    Evans C. Smith

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here!