Sunday 31 July 2011

How to get out of an art block? Part 3

Haha, Please excuse my very bad picture edit. I do not own this image, just edited in the speech bubbles....

Hi! So as the title say this is part 3 of 'How to get out of an art block'.
So this one will be short, but to the point.
The piece of inspiration is actually from me watching Studio Ghibli's film 'Kiki's delivery service'. Which is an art inspiration in itself, becuase its amazing!
But for those who have not watched it, I will explain how this was an particularly inspiring from a few word in the movie itself.


In the film, Kiki (the main character) who is a witch, has lost her way with flying on her broomstick.Where she had met an artist along the way of the story the artist Ursula was explaining how Kiki could fly on her witches broom again.Also fom what it sounded like how Ursula herself got out of art block too.
The trick she said was, don't think or try too hard about doing what you're doing.
When I thought about it....Though it seems very simple, this trick is very true and most of the time we wouldn't even notice it!
Have you ever noticed when you are stuck in an artist block, you try so hard to gain inspiration, to draw, to create,to make?  No matter what, nothing comes, even though you try so hard.
Then you notice that when you are not concentrating or not thinking of anything, normally the best art or inspiration comes?
This happens most of the time I think, and its such a simple thing.
So maybe next time you are in an artist block, why not just take a break?
Don't think about it, do something completely different and take your mind off of art for awhile.
Just wait until your inspiration comes from elsewhere and you'll be making art in no time!

Right, so that is all for this post about how to get out of an art block thank you for reading and....
Please tell me your methods of getting out of an artist block, tell me if this worked, or tell me your own opinion on this post,  in the comment section below!


If this didn't work, please read the previous 'How to get out of an art block?' in the links below:
*How to get out of an art block? Part 1
*How to get out of an art block? Part 2
-> How to get out of an art block? Part 3 
*How to get out of an art block? Part 4



Please note, all of these rules apply to the contents of my entire blog, please read carefully!All of my drawings/paintings/ digital/ art pieces belong to me (MayonakaSun) and have been made by me alone unless otherwise stated in my posts.All text/writing/reviews are written by me (MayonakaSun) and written by myself (MayonakaSun) alone again unless otherwise stated in my posts.You Do Not have permission to copy, repost, reproduce, print, paste or sell ANY of my art work and/or text/ writing that I have posted though out my blog and/or on my deviantART page.The only places I will ever post any of my art work and text is DeviantART and my blog, so if my art work and/or text shows up anywhere else on the Internet or elsewhere you do not have the right to have put it there and I will not have give permission for it to be there, and I will insist you take it down immediately!Update:My artwork will now also be seen on my tumblr as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my tumblr as the rest.Update2:My artwork will now also be featured in my Youtube videos as well as the sites mentioned above. Same rules apply to my Youtube account as the rest.
My/Me/ I /myself= MayonakaSun :- The owner of this blog and other sites mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts here!